Thursday, July 2, 2009

Random Thoughts from the Past Few Weeks

I have kind of been on a posting hiatus here at Baller Bloggin' so I am sure I have disappointed many of my loyal readers (all 3 of you), but I am back with a few thoughts that are going through my mind at the moment. I promise to have more frequent updates through the month of July.

Congrats to the LSU Tigers: 2009 College World Series Champs!

LSU won the CWS and much like in 2008 and 2004 when they won the BCS Football National Championship there were no incidents of rioting. Drunken celebration across the state of Louisiana, but overturning of cars or burning trash cans...which brings me to the topic of that other purple and gold wearing sports team, the Lakers. Why is it that LSU (who everyone says have obnoxious fans) can win title's and spend their night celebrating on Bourbon Street but you guys have to go all April 26, 1992 on the City of Angels?

Celebrities Passing on to that Big Hollywood in the Sky

First, Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcet and then Michael Jackson just a few hours later. I literally was thinking to myself "Damn, she's going to get overlooked now that the King of Pop died a few hours after her." We all know celebrity deaths come in 3's and then Billy Mays had to pop up and offer us a 3+1 special bonus a few days later. Of course, Billy Mays' passing was like salt in the wound as he grabbed major headlines and Farrah Fawcet, an actual celebrity, received second billing from the media vultures. I guess timing is everything in life (and death).

I Love My State

Someone decided it was a god idea to let Hurricane Chris rap about Halle Berry inside the Louisiana House of Representatives? AWESOME!



I thought I had seen it all a few months back when they passed the greatest piece of legislation EVER recognizing Lil' Wayne for his achievements and contributions to New Orleans since Katrina: http://legis.state.la.us/billdata/streamdocument.asp?did=647325

No comments:

Post a Comment