Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tribute to George Strait

With the airing of the George Strait Tribute on CBS tonight I decided it would be a very appropriate time for this blog to honor the King of Country as well.



The above clip is not a preview from the tribute but rather Matthew McConaughey using his airtime as an award presenter at the Country Music Awards a few months ago to give George Strait a shout out/brag about his own conquests. Nicely done, yet kind of douchey...I approve...I'm also writing that line down for use in the near future...not really...

What good is a tribute without highlights? Of course anyone who knows me already knows where this is going.

Amarillo By Morning: IMHO, the best song of all time and widely hailed as one of the best country songs of all time...I can not begin to describe how much I enjoy this song. It is the perfect country & western song. PERIOD. I can listen to it on repeat for days on end. It should be the National Anthem of Texas...can we work on that?



All My Ex's Live In Texas: I will admit this song is rather hokey, but it's still one of my favorites. It's also amusing considering my past with Texas girls...If you know me you know this song often brings about a few chuckles. In fact this was the ringer on my cell phone for a while in 2007 and well I went over to this girl's house one night (she was from Houston...so she was kind of from Texas) and lets just say I showed her my boots. Well the next morning someone was calling me causing my phone to ring "All My Ex's Live in Texas." Her roommate, who I had hooked up with in college, heard my phone going off through the wall and immediately knew it was me and next thing you know I receive a text saying "Did you spend the night at my house last night?" Uhhhh....Moral of the story is I got lucky that night and also had an amusing morning the next day. Thank you, George.



Adalida: I grew up in Baton Rouge when this song was released and have been a fan ever since. An amazingly well done Cajun two step about a beauty from south Louisiana can be nothing but a winner in my book! King George has been known to kick off some of his tours in Lafayette and New Orleans...He knows whats going on Down Louisiana Way.



I could go on for days about the awesome songs of George Strait (Does Ft. Worth Ever Cross Your Mind, The Chair, How 'Bout Them Cowgirls, Unwound, Drinking Champagne, You Look So Good In Love, Marina Del Ray, The Fireman, Run, Fool Hearted Memory)...the list goes on and on...but I'll stop here for now...

George Strait: The King of Country... 'nuff said

No comments:

Post a Comment