Friday, January 9, 2009

Musings on the 2008 BCS National Championship Game

Many of you may know how I felt about this BCS National Championship game. I hate Oklahoma and this season that feeling only grew stronger. The Big 12's rule for determining who plays in the conference championship is jacked up and essentially screwed Texas. We all know how I feel about 45-35...it was settled on a nuetral field, but the Big 12 saw otherwise and OU got to play in the conference championship. Their system showed its flaws due to the clusterf&*k that was the Big 12 South this year and the Longhorns were the victim.

You guys also probably know my feelings about Tim Tebow. I have no ill feelings towards Florida and always support my SEC teams in bowl games, but this was a hard one because well I think Tebow's kind of a douche, which is why I will call this matchup between the Oklahomo Sooners and Tim Tebag the 2008 BCS National Championship presented by Kotex. Not Fedex. Period. Pun Intended.

Now on to a brief summary of the events I saw take place during this BCS game presented by Kotex.

Who annointed Tim Tebag Superman?

While watching this game I heard them refer to Tim Tebag as "Superman" on at least four occasions? The commentators were all over his junk, I felt like their bromance with him was even stronger than that between John Madden and Tony Romo. I was wondering what could it be that they saw in him and then I found this:



I guess that answers that question.

But, Superman, really? I mean do you think Tebag sings "Superman dat hooooo?" or "Tebag dat hooooo?"...I wonder what his pastor would think about that?

How about crankin' that "Tebag that Teboooooow?"



Been done, already, apparently...

As if the Superman references weren't enough then I actually heard this gem come from a commentator's mouth...

"Tebow is the greatest leader in college football."

Hmm... but then it got worse...

"If you ever meet Tim Tebow your life will be better for it."

HONESTLY? Isn't there something in the Bible about false idols? Seriously, can he walk on water too? Sounds like this Tebag can give Walker, Texas Ranger a run for his money. Didn't he throw two interceptions in this game and didn't Colt McCoy have the highest completion percentage in NCAA history? Oh, well...

Then during halftime I was tortured by having to watch the finalists for the Pontiac gamechanging performance of the year. Not only did I have to watch that damn Crabtree TD against the Longhorns again but then I had to watch the Arkansas fans with their L-S-Who signs. L-S-Who actually wins championships....that's who.

The Tebag lovefest only continued at teh end of the game when he was penalized for doing the gator chump at an OU player. The commentators went on to say this is the first thing that Tebow has ever done wrong in his life. Honestly, guy?

And now onto Oklahoma...

I was highly amused when they attempted to demonstrate the fast no huddle offense of OU by showing a "Next Snap Countdown Clock" on the bottom left hand side of the screen. All I could think is 13 seconds til the next snap and OU still sucks.




And then when the officiating crew whistled the play dead before the snap to reset the clock I couldn't help but thinking they were messing with OU and that my Longhorn friends were thinking...



The game ended with Florida beating OU 24-14 and I began wondering where that "Crying OU Boy" was...Apparently he has an older sister in the band...



Can we just ban OU and Ohio State from BCS games? Three strikes and your out kinda thing? Oh, well I won't stop thinking that Texas should have had a shot at Florida in this game and that Colt McCoy is a far harder QB than Tebag. However, if there is one thing for certain that I can definately say from watching this game its that OU's cheerleaders win out over Florida's...



I guess, as they say, All is well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment